In order to save our planet, printer ink and money, you can follow these 9 easy tips to save printer ink and toner usage instantly.
- Always use “Print Preview” before you print. This is especially helpful when printing things from the Internet. Images can be shifted around, whole pages can be blank and there can be just generally disorganized. A quick preview can help make sure all is well.
- Print pages only you need. There is no use in printing out graphics and text you have no use for. If printing off the Internet, simply highlight the text you wish to print and then print it.
- If you are not gonna use your printer for a long time,you will end up drying your ink cartridge. So keep them alive by printing test pages atleast once in a week
- For not so important everyday work, you can use a generic ink cartridge which could save you a lot of money. While you will not necessarily get more ink out of a generic cartridge than you would with a manufacturer brand OEM print cartridge, you will most definitely save money.
- Take time to power down your printer the right way. Otherwise, you will be cutting off the power while the print heads are not in the right position, meaning the ink will dry up faster
- Make sure you proofread and double check the page before you print. If you look over the copy once it prints out and are dissatisfied, that is wasted printer ink, right there. Not to mention, wasted paper.
- If you are not planning on submitting the print outs as a report or project, skip the color and use monochrome black ink instead
- Always use the draft setting. The draft setting in your printer options is really one of the best ways to save ink. It makes it so the printer prints much faster than normal and the amount of ink used per page is much less than if you printed at a normal setting.
- Remember to print pages that you only need. There is no point in printing pages and throwing it to the garbage.